Saturday, June 19, 2010

Diary of a burn--update

This evening will mark one week since "The Burn" happened. The pain is still present and accounted for, though Stacey would prefer that it not be so. This photo is a couple of days old, but gives a fair sense of the burned area. Since this was taken, the dead skin on the thumb as well as down toward the palm have receded more, leaving a nice, big, raw area. The last visit to the Dr. yielded a prescription that would have cost about $350 for a week's worth of ointment (the wonderful insurance, of course, no longer covers that medicine--SCAM!), so Stacey pleaded broke with the Dr. and they prescribed a different ointment that's much more affordable, covered by insurance, and stings slightly. As you can imagine, her use of the hand is still rather limited, and she faces the daily dilemma of being lucid and very uncomfortable or being loopy/asleep and pain-free.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Stacy! That is crazy! I hope that you are feeling better now that it has been a week. (or at least a little bit.) Totally get the overpriced dr. bills...at least you have SOME insurance. Let me know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

Oh Stacey, I'm so sorry...looks like somebody I know around my house. I hope you have full use of your your hand very soon.

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

;(
Some improvement is being made though right??
Let me know what I can do :)

Kendria said...

Oh my gosh! Tammy told me about this and this is much worse than I was expecting... Poor, Stace. BTW- I am Netflixing THE STING since it was so high up on your list. :) Thanks for all the love you are sending my way.

Unknown said...

I was hoping to see how d final scar came when healed. I am jst doin research on burns and came accross this old post